The Berlin Interdisciplinary Alliance for Multilingualism (BIVEM) is a collaboration between scientists specializing in language acquisition and experts with backgrounds in education and therapy.
Scientists specializing in the field of language acquisition, as well as specialists from the field of education and diagnostics
- Implementation of research findings into language support in preschool and primary school education
- Exchange of ideas and sustainable networking between scientific and educational institutes for promotion of mutual knowledge transfer
Exploration of basic concepts of bilingual language acquisition in children with different native languages, examination of the effectiveness of various language support methods as well as of children’s reading and writing skills in primary school in relation to preschool language development.
- Basic research with the BIVEM study on language support methods for preschool and primary school aged bilingual children
- Regular network meetings with discussions and presentations on scientific and socially relevant topics
- Workshops and training sessions on topics about language support
- ,Science for Life’ informational brochures on topics related to multilingualism
- Participation at events with the BIVEM info booth Counseling for parents, educational staff and institutions about the language acquisition of multilingual children
Berliner Senatsverwaltung für Wirtschaft, Technologie und Forschung, Berlin (01.10.2011 – 30.09.2016), thereafter carried on without funding at ZAS