The Research Training Group 2413 “SynAGE” at the Otto von Guericke University (OVGU), the Leibniz Institute for Neurobiology (LIN) and the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE), Magdeburg, Germany offers PhD positions for talented, skilled, and highly motivated students of the Life Sciences.
The innovative research program of RTG2413 SynAGE deals with the idea that cognitive decline in normal aging results from subtle synaptic alterations that impart an imbalance between stability and plastic properties of spine synapses and that is qualitatively different from neurodegeneration.
- altered synaptic proteostasis
- dysfunctions of the immune system
- altered functionality of the multipartite synapse
- changes in neuromodulation
- Various research laboratories
German Research Foundation (DFG) with funds from the federal republic of Germany