The Ruhr Graduate School in Economics (RGS Econ) is a center for research and higher education in Economics. It combindes the expertise of three economics departments at the universities in the Ruhr Area (Bochum, DortmundEssen, and Duisburg) with that of the RWI – Leibniz Insitute for Economic Research, one of Germany‘s leading economic research institutes. Over a period of three years, graduate students receive guidance that leads to a Ph.D. in economics, complying with the highest international standards.
Doctoral students in Economics
Combining research and higher education in the field of Economics is the core objective of the RGS Econ. Both deal with issues which are of paramount importance for practical problems and their solution.
The RGS Econ wants to attract students to conduct research, pass their exams and finish their Ph.D. thesis within three years and aims at a continuation of research and education at an internationally advanced level.
All fields of economics (e.g. economics of education)
- Lectures in core subjects (microeconomics, macroeconomics and econometrics)
- Lectures in specialist topics (e.g. economics of education)
- Mini-Lectures of international experts – on selected topics
- Lecture Seminar
- International „RGS Doctoral Conference in Economics“
- International „RGS Summer School“
- RWI – Leibniz Institute for Economic Research
- Ruhr University of Bochum (RUB)
- TU Dortmund University
- University of Duisburg-Essen (UDE)
- Ministry of Science and Research of North-Rhine Westphalia (MIWF NRW)
- Private partners (e.g. Stiftung Mercator)