Supporting young researchers is very important to the IWM. High quality doctoral theses dissertations are the key for excellent scientific research. Therefore, PhD students are supported with a structured PhD program (Leibniz Graduate School for Knowledge Media Research).
Post-graduate researchers in Psychology (preferably with emphasis on Educational Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Media Psychology or Social Psychology)
Every PhD project at the IWM is linked to a lab that bundles thematically related projects. This structure guarantees our PhD students regular discussions with others, the possibility to exchange information about the research area, and the option to plan conference attendances and publications. At the end of their post-graduate studies at the IWM, PhD students usually obtain the degree of a Doctor of Natural Sciences (Doktor der Naturwissenschaften, Dr. rer. nat.) from the Faculty of Sciences of the University of Tübingen.
Processes of Knowledge Acquisition and Communication of Scientific Knowledge with multimedia technologys
- Two supervisors provide support for the PhD student
- PhD students are members of a lab
- Weekly colloquium
- Regular methodological seminars and additional methodological advice on request
- Opportunities for lab visits abroad in line with the PhD thesis
- Various opportunities for further training
- Certificates for achievements
- PhD students can depend on the support of the media technology and development teams