The German Data Forum is an independent advisory council to the federal government.
- Empirical researchers particularly in social, behavioral, and economic sciences
- Research Data Centers
- Data producers
Improve access to high-quality data for scientific research particularly in the social, behavioral, and economic sciences as well as improving its international competitiveness.
- Exchange and mediation between the interests of data producers and research data users, particularly in fields of social, behavioral, and economic sciences
- Initiating and establishing standards for the collection, storage, provision, and quality of research data
- Promoting the secondary use of research data
- Recommendations on further improving the data infrastructure
- Accrediting and evaluating research data centers
- Advising science and policy
- Monitoring legal and technological developments
- Conference for Social and Economic Data fostering scholarly and strategic debates
Federal Ministry of Education and Research (BMBF)